Information We Collect and Receive
Storycrafter may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a customer’s Services account by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Storycrafter when using the Services.
- Other Information. Storycrafter also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Website and Account Information. To create or update a Storycrafter account, you or one of your Authorized Users (e.g., your employee) supply Storycrafter with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers of the the Services provide Storycrafter (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information and/or a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When a Customer or Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way the Customer or Authorized Users are interacting with the Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie information.
- Contact Information. Customers and Authorized Users regularly provide us with contact information in the course of doing business, providing support, and various other interactions with Storycrafter.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as website and/or account setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Storycrafter uses the information we collect or receive in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Storycrafter uses information:
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your information to respond.
- To develop additional features. We continuously work to develop new service offerings and features and in the process may use your information to prioritize new features, grant you access to beta test those features when they become available, etc.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about Storycrafter. These are marketing messages so you can opt-out of receiving them by emailing us at email@example.com should you receive one.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Storycrafter may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons, and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any service related issues.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Sharing of Personal Information
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
- Agents: In some cases, we employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Communication About the Services or Websites: As part of the Websites and Services, you may receive communications from us, whether by email or other means. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relate to your use of the Websites and/or Services.
- Service Information and Promotional Offers: We may send informational communications and/or special offers to certain users at various times. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Security of Your Personal Information
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but be aware that some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our service offerings.
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.